* Getting Emacs to start in fullscreen
@ 2004-07-11 16:23 ismail dönmez
From: ismail dönmez @ 2004-07-11 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I am using emacs -fs to start emacs in fullscreen but I wonder is
there a config  option that I can add in ~/.emacs so when I do start
emacs it will automatically start in fullscreen ?

Cheers,
ismail

--
Time is what you make of it

* Re: Getting Emacs to start in fullscreen
@ 2004-07-11 20:17 ` Misha Polatov
       [not found]   ` <mailman.577.1089605507.22971.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Misha Polatov @ 2004-07-11 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

ismail dönmez <ismail.donmez@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using emacs -fs to start emacs in fullscreen but I wonder is
> there a config  option that I can add in ~/.emacs so when I do start
> emacs it will automatically start in fullscreen ?
>
> Cheers,
> ismail
>
> --
> Time is what you make of it

(w32-send-sys-command 61488)

--
Misha Polatov
MetaCommunications Engineering

* Re: Getting Emacs to start in fullscreen
@ 2004-07-12  4:08   ` ismail dönmez
       [not found]   ` <mailman.577.1089605507.22971.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: ismail dönmez @ 2004-07-12  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

I am on linux. Sorry forgot to say that. I am using Gtk+ gui.

@ 2004-07-12 11:52     ` Marco Parrone
From: Marco Parrone @ 2004-07-12 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

ismail dönmez on Mon, 12 Jul 2004 07:08:32 +0300 writes:

>> > I am using emacs -fs to start emacs in fullscreen but I wonder is
>> > there a config  option that I can add in ~/.emacs so when I do start
>> > emacs it will automatically start in fullscreen ?
>>
>> (w32-send-sys-command 61488)
>
> I am on linux. Sorry forgot to say that. I am using Gtk+ gui.

I can't find the `-fs' option in Emacs 21.3.

However, you can put

  xrdb ~/.Xresources

in your ~/.xinitrc

(or the other script you use to start X, anyway the xrdb command may
run before Emacs).

and

  emacs*geometry: 80x40+100+0

in your ~.Xresources (change 80x40+100+0 [WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF] to
what you want).

For more detailed informations see `C-h i d m emacs RET g Resources X'.

My current ~/.Xresources (just containing commented out old
configurations) follows

!!! .Xresources

! emacs*background: black
! emacs*foreground: white
! emacs*geometry: +100+0

! emacs.toolbar: 0
! emacs.menubar: 0
! emacs.scrollbar: 0
! xterm*background: black
! xterm*foreground: red
! xterm*geometry: +530+430

!!!! .Xresources ends here

--
Marco Parrone <marc0@autistici.org> [0x45070AD6]

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: Getting Emacs to start in fullscreen
@ 2004-07-12 13:05       ` ismail dönmez
From: ismail dönmez @ 2004-07-12 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Works! Thank you!

       [not found] <mailman.534.1089563158.22971.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-07-13  3:39 ` Bruce Ingalls
From: Bruce Ingalls @ 2004-07-13  3:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

ismail dönmez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is there a config  option that I can add in ~/.emacs so when I do start
> emacs it will automatically start in fullscreen ?

As posted recently in comp.emacs, there's code in EMacro at
<url: http://emacro.sf.net > which maximizes the height of Emacs.