* header-line refresh/update?
@ 2005-09-06  1:52 Joe Casadonte
From: Joe Casadonte @ 2005-09-06  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using Emacs 21.2.1 and 21.3.1 under Windows, and I'm having
trouble getting the header-line to refresh.  I was hoping that
`force-mode-line-update' would work but it doesn't seem to do the
job.  It updates eventually, but not always.  Quite the bummer.

Am I doing something wrong?  Are there any decent alternatives?  I
like the idea of something outside of the buffer itself, to use as a
status line.  And ideally, I'd love to find something that works in
XEmacs, too....

Thanks for the help!

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte
jcasadonte@northbound-train.com

         Llama Fresh Farms => http://www.northbound-train.com
   Gay Media Resource List => http://www.northbound-train.com/gaymedia.html
            Perl for Win32 => http://www.northbound-train.com/perlwin32.html
               Emacs Stuff => http://www.northbound-train.com/emacs.html
          Music CD Trading => http://www.northbound-train.com/cdr.html
                       Live Free, that's the message!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-09-06  1:52 UTC | newest]