* Regexp engine
@ 2007-05-24 10:49 CloudStrife
From: CloudStrife @ 2007-05-24 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,
I would like to know what kind of regexp engine does emacs use whn i
use C-M-s or C-M-%
Is it regex-based or text-based. In other words is it DFA/NFA as is
used by some people
You can look as this to get more info of what I am trying to ask
http://www.regular-expressions.info/engine.html

Regards
Cloud

* Re: Regexp engine
@ 2007-05-24 13:28 ` Tyler Smith
From: Tyler Smith @ 2007-05-24 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2007-05-24, CloudStrife <santosh.iitm2002@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to know what kind of regexp engine does emacs use whn i
> use C-M-s or C-M-%
> Is it regex-based or text-based. In other words is it DFA/NFA as is
> used by some people
> You can look as this to get more info of what I am trying to ask
> http://www.regular-expressions.info/engine.html

Traditional NFA, but some functions behave like a POSIX NFA, ie.
posix-search-forward, posix-search-backward, posix-looking-at,
posix-string-match.

HTH,

Tyler