* Holding Ctrl + f/b/p/n/etc. randomly prints the character
@ 2007-10-30 21:51 Matthew Crisanti
       [not found] ` <mailman.2788.1193823588.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Matthew Crisanti @ 2007-10-30 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Whenever I hold down ctrl and f, for example, the caret will move
forward how one would expect, but after moving 15 or so spaces it
inserts an 'f' or two, then continues moving the caret forward while
continuously adding 'f's at random intervals until I let go. This also
happens with ctrl + b,n,p,v, and others, I'm sure. This is not only
annoying, but also dangerous to my code, as sometimes I don't even
notice when a character gets inserted until I try to compile. I'm
assuming this is a common problem, since this happens to me both in
gentoo and ubuntu, but I couldn't seem to come up with the correct
search string in google to find the answer. I would really appreciate
any help.