* DOS batch file mode
@ 2003-08-26 18:31 Charlie Martin
From: Charlie Martin @ 2003-08-26 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

It seems impossible that this hasn't been done already, but I can't
find it: I need a mode for editing Windows batch files (.BAT or .CMD).
 Anyone know of a good one?

* Re: DOS batch file mode
@ 2003-08-26 19:05 ` Javier Oviedo
From: Javier Oviedo @ 2003-08-26 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use bat-generic-mode.

--
Javier

"Charlie Martin" <chasrmartin@netscape.net> wrote in message
> It seems impossible that this hasn't been done already, but I can't
> find it: I need a mode for editing Windows batch files (.BAT or .CMD).
>  Anyone know of a good one?

* Re: DOS batch file mode
@ 2003-08-26 19:10 ` Arjan Bos
From: Arjan Bos @ 2003-08-26 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Charlie Martin wrote:

> It seems impossible that this hasn't been done already, but I can't
> find it: I need a mode for editing Windows batch files (.BAT or .CMD).
>  Anyone know of a good one?
For this I use the mode generic-extras.el from Peter Breton. It's quite
old, since it's dated 96/11/01, but it works for me.

* Re: DOS batch file mode
@ 2003-08-26 21:46   ` Martin Stemplinger
From: Martin Stemplinger @ 2003-08-26 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Javier Oviedo wrote:

> I use bat-generic-mode.

IIRC it doesn't support .cmd-Files. But you can easily adapt it (merely
copy & paste)

--
Remove NOSPAM to mail me directly

* Re: DOS batch file mode
@ 2003-08-27  2:12     ` Charlie Martin
From: Charlie Martin @ 2003-08-27  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Stemplinger <mstemplingerNOSPAM@gmx.de> wrote in message news:<bigkd8$6i4m9$1@ID-177771.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> Javier Oviedo wrote:
>
> > I use bat-generic-mode.
>
> IIRC it doesn't support .cmd-Files. But you can easily adapt it (merely
> copy & paste)

Thanks for the pointer.  As I said, I thought there was something
avialable, and generic-x has it.  The stopper was that if you're
working on UNIX and need to edit a .bat file, the bat file mode isn't
enabled.  but a little bit of elisp should fix it.

* Re: DOS batch file mode
@ 2003-08-27  6:17 ` Klaus Zeitler
From: Klaus Zeitler @ 2003-08-27  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Charlie> It seems impossible that this hasn't been done already, but I
    Charlie> can't find it: I need a mode for editing Windows batch files
    Charlie> (.BAT or .CMD).
    Charlie>  Anyone know of a good one?

well not a good one :-(, but a simple one is in generic.
If you're working under Unix/GNU Linux you have to set
(setq generic-define-mswindows-modes t)

Cheers

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
---
Hiroshima 45, Harrisburg 79, Tschernobyl 86, Windows 00