* setup folder for C-x C-f
@ 2005-04-26 15:37 gooliver
From: gooliver @ 2005-04-26 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

When  I use the C-x C-f for to search/create a file, Emacs search in the
folder emacs/bin.

How to customize this folder?

thanks in advance!

* Re: setup folder for C-x C-f
@ 2005-04-26 15:58 ` Ismael Valladolid Torres
       [not found] ` <mailman.3089.1114541803.2895.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Ismael Valladolid Torres @ 2005-04-26 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

gooliver escribe:
> When  I use the C-x C-f for to search/create a file, Emacs search in the
> folder emacs/bin.
>
> How to customize this folder?

NT Emacs maybe?

* Re: setup folder for C-x C-f
@ 2005-04-26 18:48 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.3089.1114541803.2895.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2005-04-26 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 26.04.2005 um 17:37 schrieb gooliver:

> When  I use the C-x C-f for to search/create a file, Emacs search in
> the
> folder emacs/bin.
>
> How to customize this folder?

Usually GNU Emacs tries to open a file from your "current working"
directory. This can be the file's directory that is already loaded into
that buffer, the real current working directory in the shell buffer ...
After launch it's either $HOME or the directory out of which you
launched Emacs from a shell.

You seem to come from MS Windows. Could be it's worth setting $HOME, or
%HOME. I remember that for me it always started with C:.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped. - Groucho Marx

* RE: setup folder for C-x C-f
@ 2005-04-26 22:17 Dave Humphries
From: Dave Humphries @ 2005-04-26 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On windows set an environment variable called HOME="c:/path-to-folder"
and this will be the folder opened when ~/is entered in the C-x C-f
string(if the string already has a path enter ~/ and pressing tab
replaces that path with ~/)

@ 2005-04-27  6:26   ` gooliver
From: gooliver @ 2005-04-27  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi... i'm NT user...