* History of incremental searching
@ 2004-05-17 12:42 Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2004-05-17 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just out of curiosity, does anybody here know the how, when, where and by
whom of incremental searching?

When was it invented, and in which product?  Did it arise first in Emacs?
Whose idea was it?

I think it is a truly remarkable idea, surely worthy  of a p***nt (please
excuse my language here) if any software idea is.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter

* Re: History of incremental searching
@ 2004-05-17 18:26 Joe Corneli
From: Joe Corneli @ 2004-05-17 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Incremental-Occur

Hey, that's a kind of neat idea.  Seems a bit expensive to do with
every character that's entered though.

[parent not found: <mailman.5850.1084820394.1061.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]