* how to set the default size of emacs' window?
@ 2007-09-10 16:45 rick
       [not found] ` <mailman.708.1189524282.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: rick @ 2007-09-10 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I wanna change my emacs window to full screen mode after initializing,
what is the right command or function to do this?

it will be better that make it default when i launch emacs.

				Thanks.

* Re: how to set the default size of emacs' window?
@ 2007-09-11 15:24 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.708.1189524282.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-09-11 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rick_murphy; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 10.09.2007 um 18:45 schrieb rick:

> I wanna change my emacs window to full screen mode after initializing,
> what is the right command or function to do this?
>
> it will be better that make it default when i launch emacs.

--fullheight, -fh               make the first frame high as the screen
--fullscreen, -fs               make first frame fullscreen
--fullwidth, -fw                make the first frame wide as the screen

emacs --help is very useful, too.

--
Greetings

   Pete

@ 2007-09-18 16:19   ` thorne
       [not found]     ` <mailman.987.1190141750.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: thorne @ 2007-09-18 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> --fullheight, -fh               make the first frame high as the screen
> --fullscreen, -fs               make first frame fullscreen
> --fullwidth, -fw                make the first frame wide as the screen

Is there a way to do this such that the window dimensions are
maintained even after the call to `custom-set-faces' in my .emacs?

* Re: how to set the default size of emacs' window?
@ 2007-09-18 18:55     ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found]     ` <mailman.987.1190141750.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-09-18 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thorne; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 18.09.2007 um 18:19 schrieb thorne:

>> --fullheight, -fh               make the first frame high as the
>> screen
>> --fullscreen, -fs               make first frame fullscreen
>> --fullwidth, -fw                make the first frame wide as the
>> screen
>
> Is there a way to do this such that the window dimensions are
> maintained even after the call to `custom-set-faces' in my .emacs?

Yes: make that face the default font for GNU Emacs. Then all
dimensions will be computed on the basis of this font's properties.
Or use a font a bit smaller than that face, so that GNU Emacs is
always obscuring the whole screen – which also could lead to the
effect that the echo-area/mini-buffer will lie outside the screen.

--
Greetings

   Pete

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

@ 2007-09-21 13:30       ` Ke Lu
From: Ke Lu @ 2007-09-21 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Am 18.09.2007 um 18:19 schrieb thorne:
>
>         --fullheight, -fh               make the first
>         frame high as the screen
>         --fullscreen, -fs               make first frame
>         fullscreen
>         --fullwidth, -fw                make the first
>         frame wide as the screen
>
>     Is there a way to do this such that the window
>     dimensions are
>     maintained even after the call to `custom-set-faces'
>     in my .emacs?
>
> Yes: make that face the default font for GNU Emacs. Then
> all dimensions will be computed on the basis of this
> font's properties. Or use a font a bit smaller than that
> face, so that GNU Emacs is always obscuring the whole
> screen – which also could lead to the effect that the
> echo-area/mini-buffer will lie outside the screen.
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>   Pete
>
> If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

If you are using ntemacs and want to maximize
window,the following can do it.

(when (eq system-type 'windows-nt)

  (defun defun-w32-maximum-frame ()
    ;; Change the current frame size.
    (setq w32-frame-maximum nil)

    (defun w32-maximize-frame ()
      "Maximize the current frame"
      (w32-send-sys-command 61488)
      (setq w32-frame-maximum t))

    (defun w32-restore-frame ()
      "Restore the current frame"
      (w32-send-sys-command 61728)
      (setq w32-frame-maximum nil))

    (defun toggle-frame-size ()
      "Toggle frame size."
      (interactive)
      (if w32-frame-maximum
          (w32-restore-frame)
        (w32-maximize-frame)))

    (global-set-key [?\C-\S-z] 'toggle-frame-size)
    (add-hook 'after-init-hook 'w32-maximize-frame)
    )

  )