* no warning on open of cvs controlled file
@ 2003-06-25 15:31 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2003-06-25 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Until recently, whenever I opened a symlink to a file controlled by
cvs, I would get prompted about the fact that it was a cvs file.

That no no longer happens.  I don't remember setting anything to stop
that behavior and a grep on `cvs'  .emacs /path/site-start.el
doesn't show any hits.

Any clues what might cause this?

Grepping grep  cvs /usr/local/emacs/21*/etc/NEWS

Gets a few hits but none look like they might be about changing
that behavior.

* Re: no warning on open of cvs controlled file
@ 2003-06-25 15:49 ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2003-06-25 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Until recently, whenever I opened a symlink to a file controlled by
> cvs, I would get prompted about the fact that it was a cvs file.
>
> That no no longer happens.  I don't remember setting anything to stop
> that behavior and a grep on `cvs'  .emacs /path/site-start.el
> doesn't show any hits.
>
> Any clues what might cause this?
>
> Grepping grep  cvs /usr/local/emacs/21*/etc/NEWS
>
> Gets a few hits but none look like they might be about changing
> that behavior.

Gack, I'm having a bad time of it today what with senior moments and
all.

Forgot I had reorganized things so all OS control files I have under
cvs are now symlinked to a prebuffer area where home made scripts
handle the cvs part.  Sorry  false alarm.