* italian characters
@ 2004-03-10 16:08 Guldo K
From: Guldo K @ 2004-03-10 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.
I noticed this strange thing...
I use to insert italian accented characters
by means of the italian-postfix input method;
as I kill the buffer and visit the file back again,
those stressed letters look different, compared
to newly entered ones.
The main problem of this is that they're not
searchable any more; if I search (C-s) for some
accented letters, I find none, though they're still
there.
On a Unix shell, all these letters look the same
(properly), and no such differences can be seen.
I tried both iso-8859-1 and iso-8859-15 codings,
with no luck.

What's this about?

Thanks,

*Guldo*

* Re: italian characters
@ 2004-03-10 16:47 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2004-03-10 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Guldo K <no.spam@please.it> writes:

> I use to insert italian accented characters by means of the
> italian-postfix input method; as I kill the buffer and visit the
> file back again, those stressed letters look different, compared to
> newly entered ones.

You probably need to look at `unify-8859-on-decoding-mode' and
`unify-8859-on-encoding-mode'.