* multi-lined header-line?
@ 2008-12-04 21:25 Peter Mao
From: Peter Mao @ 2008-12-04 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is there any way to configure the header-line so that its text will
wrap, making the header more than one line tall?

I wrote a minor mode (arxiv-mode in the emacswiki) that lists
subdirectories of the current directory on the header line, but
sometimes there are too many subdirs and the scroll off the page.

If this is not currently possible, how does one put in a feature
request for the next version of emacs?  I know that fringes can be >1
column wide, so it would be nice if the header-line and mode-line can
do the same.

Peter

* Re: multi-lined header-line?
@ 2008-12-05 17:22 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2008-12-05 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Mao; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Peter> Is there any way to configure the header-line so that its text will
Peter> wrap, making the header more than one line tall?

Not that I know of.

This would be nice but I think it would require changes to the Emacs C
code.

Peter> If this is not currently possible, how does one put in a
Peter> feature request for the next version of emacs?

You can file a bug report using M-x report-emacs-bug.

Tom