I have problems with add-change-log-entry using the "wrong" user-mail-address for new entries. I have made user-mail-address local using ,----[.emacs] | (make-variable-buffer-local 'user-mail-address) `---- When I set it locally in some buffer (i.e. via a local variables section) that works perfectly, as I can check by C-h k C-h v. However, a-c-l-e does seem to cache the value internally. It always does the right thing [1] when called for the first time in a session, but the keeps using exactly that mail address for the whole session. Is there a way to tell it to re-assemble the name/email string every time? Or can I provide it the string automatically in some way? I have tried playing around with add-change-log-entry, but I could not find a way to programatically set the name/email string to use. I.e. how could I modify the following to get what I want? ,---- | (defun jk/add-change-log-entry () | "*Add change-log entry without asking for filename." | (interactive) | (add-change-log-entry nil change-log-default-name)) `---- Thank you for your help in advance. Greetings, Jochen Footnotes: [1] Uses a buffer local value if it exists, the global otherwise. -- Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit http://www.Jochen-Kuepper.de Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité GnuPG key: CC1B0B4D (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)