* sql-ms *SQL* buffer shows no output
@ 2004-11-11 18:00 William Goedicke
       [not found] ` <mailman.2371.1100287873.8225.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: William Goedicke @ 2004-11-11 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Y'all -

I'm used to using sql-oracle in a unix environment and, now I've
got a (yuck) Windoze machine which I want to use sql-ms on.

Everything seems to go fine.logging but, nothing ever shows up
int the *SQL* buffer.  Anybody seen this before?

* Re: sql-ms *SQL* buffer shows no output
@ 2004-11-12 18:51 ` Michael Mauger
       [not found] ` <mailman.2371.1100287873.8225.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Michael Mauger @ 2004-11-12 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

William Goedicke writes:

> I'm used to using sql-oracle in a unix environment and, now I've
> got a (yuck) Windoze machine which I want to use sql-ms on.
>
> Everything seems to go fine.logging but, nothing ever shows up
> int the *SQL* buffer.  Anybody seen this before?

I'm the maintainer of sql.el so I hope I can help you.  Can you tell me what
version of Emacs, sql.el, and SQL-Server you are using?  What is sql-ms-program
set to?  (osql works better than isql).

What is probably wrong is that isql/osql doesn't recognize that it is
interacting with a user, so never issues a prompt.  Try a simple "select 1 C-j
go RET" to see if it responds.

I picked up development of sql.el while switching back and forth between
Unix/Oracle and MSWindows/sql-server environments.  I've tried to make sql.el
support the different dialects better and support them simultaneously.

-- Michael Mauger

@ 2004-11-16 19:00   ` William Goedicke
From: William Goedicke @ 2004-11-16 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Michael -

    Michael> William Goedicke writes:
    >>
    >> Everything seems to go fine.logging but, nothing ever shows up
    >> int the *SQL* buffer.  Anybody seen this before?

    Michael> Can you tell me what version of Emacs, sql.el, and
    Michael> SQL-Server you are using?

Cygwin XEmacs 21.4.5,
sql.el 1.6.5,
SQL Server Enterprise Edition 8.00.760(SP3)

    Michael> What is sql-ms-program set to?  (osql works better than
    Michael> isql).

I switched to osql and, WAHOE!  It's working.

Thanks for the timely and effective support.

     Yours -      Billy

     William Goedicke     goedicke@goedsole.com
     Cell 617-510-7244    http://www.goedsole.com:8080

          Lest we forget:

A day without raw fish is like a day without sunshine.

	- William Goedicke