* Turn off font lock in Gnus article buffer
@ 2018-08-22 15:29 Filipp Gunbin
From: Filipp Gunbin @ 2018-08-22 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi, I'd like to turn off all coloring in Article buffers, except maybe
for diff attachments (by mime type).  Is there a way to do that?  I
remember I couldn't find the way.

Thanks.
Filipp

* Re: Turn off font lock in Gnus article buffer
@ 2018-08-22 15:42 ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2018-08-22 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Filipp Gunbin; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Filipp Gunbin <fgunbin@fastmail.fm> writes:

> Hi, I'd like to turn off all coloring in Article buffers, except maybe
> for diff attachments (by mime type).  Is there a way to do that?  I
> remember I couldn't find the way.

Turning off all coloring should be possible by customizing
'gnus-visual'.

Robert

* Re: Turn off font lock in Gnus article buffer
@ 2018-08-22 15:52 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2018-08-22 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Filipp Gunbin <fgunbin@fastmail.fm>
> Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 18:29:49 +0300
>
> Hi, I'd like to turn off all coloring in Article buffers, except maybe
> for diff attachments (by mime type).  Is there a way to do that?  I
> remember I couldn't find the way.

The obvious thing I'd try is (font-lock-mode -1).  Doesn't that do
what you want?

* Re: Turn off font lock in Gnus article buffer
@ 2018-08-22 19:14   ` Filipp Gunbin
From: Filipp Gunbin @ 2018-08-22 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 22/08/2018 17:42 +0200, Robert Pluim wrote:

> Turning off all coloring should be possible by customizing
> 'gnus-visual'.

Yes, I have (setq gnus-visual nil) in .gnus.el, it has effect, but not
in article content (but headers etc. are not colored, as aren't other
buffers like summary).

* Re: Turn off font lock in Gnus article buffer
@ 2018-08-22 19:18   ` Filipp Gunbin
From: Filipp Gunbin @ 2018-08-22 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On 22/08/2018 18:52 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> The obvious thing I'd try is (font-lock-mode -1).  Doesn't that do
> what you want?

It has no effect at all in Gnus buffers.  I guess that is good, because
gnus-visual should decide on the coloring.  And it does (I have (setq
gnus-visual nil) in .gnus.el), except for attachments' inlined content
(sorry, I wasn't clear enough about it in the OP).

Maybe that's a bug which I should report.