* How make function to run a shell command ON BUFFER??
@ 2003-12-01 23:43 Christian Seberino
From: Christian Seberino @ 2003-12-01 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

pychecker is a function that checks Python code..

e.g.

pychecker myprogram.py

How make an Emacs function to run pychecker on buffer???

I guess function will have to run a shell command with the 1 and only
argument being the name of buffer.

Chris

* How make function to run a shell command ON BUFFER??
@ 2003-12-02 13:57 Yehudah Rubinsky
From: Yehudah Rubinsky @ 2003-12-02 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

 >pychecker is a function that checks Python code.. e.g.
 >pychecker myprogram.py

 >How make an Emacs function to run pychecker on buffer???
 >I guess function will have to run a shell command with the 1 and only
 >argument being the name of buffer.

Pyhton mode's Ctl-c Ctl-c runs the python interpreter against the buffer.
The good new is this will check the syntax of the python code, including
the use of C-x` to step to each error in turn. The bad news is that it will
actually  run the python code, which may have undesirable side effects.

Best,
Yehudah Rubinsky