* paste "kill ring" buffer to Windows via Exceed?
@ 2004-05-21 16:24 F. Chen
From: F. Chen @ 2004-05-21 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all:

I think that this might be a FAQ but I have not been able to find an
answer. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using Exceed 7.1.0.6 on Windows XP, emacs 19.34.1 on Unix, and I
want to copy and paste things between two enviroment, e.g. emacs
windows and word documents. My current setting is such that I have to
highlight lines in emacs (it automatically copies the region) and
Ctrl-V paste them into a windows application. Similarly, I highlight
in windows, Ctrl-C, and use mouse to paste into emacs.

I would like to do this without using the mouse, e.g. set mark in
emacs, copy (Atl-W), and then go to the word document and use Ctrl-V
to paste. As I think the problem I have now is that the "kill ring"
buffer in emacs is not the same as clipboard buffer in the windows and
I don't know how to set them to be the same. (I also tried
clipboard-kill-region and clipboard-kill-ring-save in emacs, but that
doesn't seem to do anything when it comes to pasting into windows
applications).

Thank you very much,

FC