* Renaming old version of cc-mode to cc-old-mode
@ 2008-08-22 17:11 TheLonelyStar
From: TheLonelyStar @ 2008-08-22 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Hello together,

I want to get actionscript-mode working, which depends on an old version of
cc-mode.
Here  http://blog.pettomato.com/?p=22 http://blog.pettomato.com/?p=22  a
solution is proposed.
The solution involves having a copy of the old cc-mode version and changing
the load path to it when actionscript-mode loads.
The problem with this is, that after I edited a actionscript file and want
to edit a C++ file, I edit it in the old cc-mode.

I do not know much about elisp, but I wonder:
Would it be possible to edit the old cc-mode files renaming it to
cc-old-mode and make actionscrip-mode depend on that?
What would have to be done for that?

Thanks!
Nathan

* Re: Renaming old version of cc-mode to cc-old-mode
@ 2008-08-23 12:42 ` Nikolaj Schumacher
From: Nikolaj Schumacher @ 2008-08-23 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TheLonelyStar; +Cc: Help-gnu-emacs

TheLonelyStar <nabble@lonely-star.org> wrote:

> I do not know much about elisp, but I wonder:
> Would it be possible to edit the old cc-mode files renaming it to
> cc-old-mode and make actionscrip-mode depend on that?
> What would have to be done for that?

Renaming is not enough, because the symbol names will clash.
You'd have to rename the file and all symbol names in both (old) CC and
correspondingly in actionscript-mode.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher