* AUCTeX correlate I/O question
@ 2011-03-31 10:26 Peter Breitfeld
From: Peter Breitfeld @ 2011-03-31 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I run auctex-11.86 on Mac OS X.

I want to use synctex for xdvi and Skim. Because I often use
auto-pst-pdf I customized LaTeX-command to be 'latex -shell-escape'.

If I select the option 'correlate I/O' latex runs with -source-specials.
But with target PDF it should be -sycntex=1

What settings are needed to get the following behaviour:

correlateI/O is off: no syncing

correlateI/O is on:
 a. Target DVI: use source-specials
 b. Target PDF: use synctex

Another question: is syncing between Emacs and xdvi possible with
synctex too?

I also tried setting LaTeX-command to
  latex -shell-escape synctex=1

Then the option correlate I/O seems to be just a switch to toggle
source-specials.

my setting of TeX-correlate-method are auto (default)

Thank you
Peter Breitfeld, Bad Saulgau, Germany -- http://www.pBreitfeld.de

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-03-31 10:26 UTC | newest]