On 2014-08-23 23:53, Emanuel Berg writes: > Alan Schmitt writes: > >> Is there a way to adapt this such that I use the >> layout ... when viewing the "nnvirtual:RSS" group? >> Should this be a global setting or a group parameter? > > If you can make in into a group parameter specifically > associated to that group, that would be the most > elegant solution. But I don't know how to do that. > > Gut feeling, I would do either of: > > 1. If you want "RET transparency". In the group buffer, > you select a group by hitting RET. I would rebind > that to a defun that runs this: > > (string-equal "nnvirtual:RSS" (gnus-group-group-name) ) > > If `t', do special treatment. If `nil', do the > ordinary thing. You might want to use > current-prefix-arg to replicate ordinary usage of > the C-u (to quantify articles). Thanks for the suggestion, it's a nice way to do it. As a less invasive option, I could test for the group name in the window configuration definition. However it seems that `gnus-group-group-name' does not work in the summary window (is returns `nil'). Is there a similar function that returns the name of the current group in a summary buffer? Thanks again, Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7