* Sunrise commander: file and/or path name substitutions
@ 2015-07-03 16:47 Guido Van Hoecke
From: Guido Van Hoecke @ 2015-07-03 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs; +Cc: José A. Romero L.

Hi José,

I frequently use file and/or path substitutions with Sunrise Commander
(the %f, %F ... %p %P sequences)

It would be so helpful if the commands would be entered in the eshell
history without substitutions.

That way commands are reusable with other selections.

Unfortunately I have to switch to Midnight Commander whenever I need /
want this behavior.

This might be completely irreconcilable with the internals of Sunrise,
but who knows, it doesn't hurt to pop the question :)

(For what it's worth,  I mostly use eshell, sometimes bash)

Guido

--
Within a computer, natural language is unnatural.

* Re: Sunrise commander: file and/or path name substitutions
       [not found] <mailman.6246.1435942075.904.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2015-07-06  6:56 ` José A. Romero L.
From: José A. Romero L. @ 2015-07-06  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello Guido,

Let's see if I understand correctly: you'd like to use the eshell history (by pressing M-r and part of an already issued command and have that command recalled with all the % wildcards as they were issued the first time and then to have them resolved in the current environment (if any), right?

Well, that very much depends on the way the eshell history is implemented, and whether it's possible to plug-in some additional code. I'll have a look somewhere this week and let you know if/what can be done.

Would you mind opening an issue at https://github.com/escherdragon/sunrise-commander/ for this? Thanks

Cheers,
--
José A. Romero L.
escherdragon@gmail.com

@ 2015-07-06 14:42   ` Guido Van Hoecke
From: Guido Van Hoecke @ 2015-07-06 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Jose,

On 6 July 2015 at 08:56, José A. Romero L. <escherdragon@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Guido,
>
> Let's see if I understand correctly: you'd like to use the eshell history
> (by pressing M-r and part of an already issued command and have that
> command recalled with all the % wildcards as they were issued the first
> time and then to have them resolved in the current environment (if any),
> right?
>
> Well, that very much depends on the way the eshell history is implemented,
> and whether it's possible to plug-in some additional code. I'll have a look
> somewhere this week and let you know if/what can be done.
>
> Would you mind opening an issue at
> https://github.com/escherdragon/sunrise-commander/ for this? Thanks
>
> ​
Done: https://github.com/escherdragon/sunrise-commander/issues/39