John Haman writes: > > I had some 404 issue with the new version of > `air-quality--make-api-call', so I reverted back to the old one that > just uses a simple string concatenation. Is that OK? Sure, > Or is there some specific advantage to using `url-parse-make-urlobj' ? Not that I know of, I just find it a bit cleaner. > > https://github.com/jthaman/air-quality > > You might check to see if I implemented the variable checking in a correct way in the definition of `air-quality-mode'. > Looks good, a possible improvement in that area would be to prompt the user for these settings when they try to activate the mode, instead of silently failing. Also note that for the `defcustom`s, if you set the `:type` to `number` then the default value `nil` isn't of the right type. You can see this mismatch indicated in the Custom buffer, for example. Here are two patches to make these suggestions concrete, feel free to apply them as they are, ignore them completely, or anything in between: