* mouse-autoselect-window
@ 2003-12-29 19:01 Robert Marshall
From: Robert Marshall @ 2003-12-29 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Following a recommendation here - I think - I've been setting this to
t and considerably eased my need to click - however I can no longer
drag the mode-line if the frame is split, the moment it moves into one
of the windows it just focusses it.

Is this behaviour expected or is there some configuration I've missed
- or does my cvs need updating...?

Robert
--
La grenouille songe..dans son château d'eau

* Re: mouse-autoselect-window
@ 2003-12-29 21:48 ` Eli Zaretskii
       [not found] ` <mailman.745.1072738378.868.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2003-12-29 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> From: Robert Marshall <spam@chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk>
> Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:01:15 +0000
>
> Following a recommendation here - I think - I've been setting this to
> t and considerably eased my need to click - however I can no longer
> drag the mode-line if the frame is split, the moment it moves into one
> of the windows it just focusses it.
>
> Is this behaviour expected or is there some configuration I've missed
> - or does my cvs need updating...?

Since this is the CVS version, please report such problems to
emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org.

FWIW, it looks like a bug to me, although with today's CVS I _can_
drag the mode line, but only upwards.

* Re: mouse-autoselect-window
@ 2003-12-29 22:49 ` Kevin Rodgers
       [not found] ` <mailman.745.1072738378.868.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-12-29 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Marshall wrote:

> Following a recommendation here - I think - I've been setting this to
> t and considerably eased my need to click - however I can no longer
> drag the mode-line if the frame is split, the moment it moves into one
> of the windows it just focusses it.

What version of Emacs are you using?  21.3 reports:

| mouse-autoselect-window is void
|
| Documentation:
| not documented as a variable.

> Is this behaviour expected or is there some configuration I've missed
> - or does my cvs need updating...?

FWIW, my follow-mouse.el package has a similar problem.

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: mouse-autoselect-window
       [not found] ` <mailman.745.1072738378.868.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-12-30  7:20   ` Robert Marshall
From: Robert Marshall @ 2003-12-30  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
>> From: Robert Marshall <spam@chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk>
>> Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:01:15 +0000
>>
>> Following a recommendation here - I think - I've been setting this
>> to t and considerably eased my need to click - however I can no
>> longer drag the mode-line if the frame is split, the moment it
>> moves into one of the windows it just focusses it.
>>
>> Is this behaviour expected or is there some configuration I've
>> missed
>> - or does my cvs need updating...?
>
> Since this is the CVS version, please report such problems to
> emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org.

Will do (wasn't sure that I'd missed something obvious)

> FWIW, it looks like a bug to me, although with today's CVS I _can_
> drag the mode line, but only upwards.

Me too

Thanks

Robert
--
La grenouille songe..dans son château d'eau