* Markdown in Emacs
@ 2006-10-13 14:55 Shug Boabby
From: Shug Boabby @ 2006-10-13 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone,

I would appreciate if people could reply with comments on what they are
using for writing/editing Markdown text files
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown], as it is quickly becoming my
document preparation format of choice (with export to almost every
machine readable format known to exist, and extensions to allow LaTeX
equations, without the headache of LaTeX commands for everything else).

Regards,
Shug

* Re: Markdown in Emacs
@ 2006-10-14  3:33 ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2006-10-14  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Shug Boabby" <Shug.Boabby@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I would appreciate if people could reply with comments on what they are
> using for writing/editing Markdown text files
> [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown], as it is quickly becoming my
> document preparation format of choice (with export to almost every
> machine readable format known to exist, and extensions to allow LaTeX
> equations, without the headache of LaTeX commands for everything else).

I'm not familiar with markdown and have not seen any emacs specific
support for it. However, have a look at emacs muse mode. It fulfills a
similar role and you may be able to modify/extend it to support
markdown syntax rather than its more wikki inspired syntax. I have
found it a great mode and it will produce output for latex, docbook,
texinfo, pdf, ps, html, xhtml, bloxsome and a heap of others and can
be easily extended.

emacs muse is also used as the basis for emacs planner mode, which I
find to be a really useful personal information management solution
under emacs.

HTH

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au

* Re: Markdown in Emacs
@ 2006-10-17 11:13 ` Lutz Horn
From: Lutz Horn @ 2006-10-17 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Shug Boabby <Shug.Boabby <at> gmail.com> writes:
> I would appreciate if people could reply with comments on what they are
> using for writing/editing Markdown text files
> [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown]

You could use textile-mode (http://dev.nozav.org/textile-mode.html), which is
for   Textile (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textile_%28markup_language%29), a
very similar format.