* Assign menu function to keychord?
@ 2008-10-13 23:03 B. T. Raven
From: B. T. Raven @ 2008-10-13 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

In an .tex buffer (using Auctex) and under Menu > Command , there is a
Clean All option that seems to call an undocumented (menu-function-176).
Is it possible to assign this to some key combination? Is it in general
possible to assign anything found in the menu bars to the keyboard?

Thanks,

Ed

* Re: Assign menu function to keychord?
@ 2008-10-15 10:04 ` B. T. Raven
From: B. T. Raven @ 2008-10-15 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

B. T. Raven wrote:
> In an .tex buffer (using Auctex) and under Menu > Command , there is a
> Clean All option that seems to call an undocumented (menu-function-176).
> Is it possible to assign this to some key combination? Is it in general
> possible to assign anything found in the menu bars to the keyboard?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed

The function seems to be (TeX-clean t) but since it needs an argument in
order to Clean All, I don't know how to assign it to an alias (e.g.
defalias 'txc 'TeX-clean)or to a keychord. Does the function with
argument have to be wrapped in a user function with a lambda()? Does
this function also need the interactive declaration?

Related to this problem (generically) is the question of whether it is
possible to generate a report of ALL unassigned key combos in a given
mode. Is this a non-trivial programming exercise?

Thanks,

Ed