* yasnippet and emacs24
@ 2011-11-01 11:39 Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2011-11-01 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have some buggy behavior on my emacs 24 with yasnippet.
For example when I try to write

${1:
at the ":" everything freezes more or less and I have to switch to
fundamental-mode to continue writing.

I thought it was a bug but then I tried with Emacs -Q and everything
seems to work.

Any idea of what can be conflicting / anyone else has similar problems?

The other thing is that yasnippet as a project seems a bit dead, last
update was 2009..
It would be very sad for such a great project, any idea why is so?

* Re: yasnippet and emacs24
@ 2011-11-01 14:27 ` Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala @ 2011-11-01 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Andrea,
Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

> I have some buggy behavior on my emacs 24 with yasnippet.
> For example when I try to write
>
> ${1:
> at the ":" everything freezes more or less and I have to switch to
> fundamental-mode to continue writing.
>
> I thought it was a bug but then I tried with Emacs -Q and everything
> seems to work.
>
> Any idea of what can be conflicting / anyone else has similar problems?
>
> The other thing is that yasnippet as a project seems a bit dead, last
> update was 2009..
> It would be very sad for such a great project, any idea why is so?

I have nothing to add bug(?). But about yasnippet, I see yasnippet
project is now moved to github.
There are few commits recently.

--
YYR

* Re: yasnippet and emacs24
@ 2011-11-01 14:52 ` Les Harris
From: Les Harris @ 2011-11-01 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

> The other thing is that yasnippet as a project seems a bit dead, last
> update was 2009..
> It would be very sad for such a great project, any idea why is so?

It's being actively developed. They just haven't had a release since
2009.  The last update to it was on 10/07/2011.  I can't seem to
reproduce your problem with the latest yasnippet from head in emacs 24.
It might be worth checking out the newest version of it and seeing if
that resolves your issue.

http://code.google.com/p/yasnippet/source/checkout

--
Do they only stand
By ignorance, is that their happy state,

* Re: yasnippet and emacs24
@ 2011-11-02 13:50   ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2011-11-02 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On 11/01/2011 02:27 PM, Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala wrote:
> I have nothing to add bug(?). But about yasnippet, I see yasnippet
> project is now moved to github. There are few commits recently.

Where do you see it?
Because on github I only find yasnippet mirrors (I also have one) of the
official SVN repository,
I find no mention that it moved..

* Re: yasnippet and emacs24
@ 2011-11-02 15:18     ` Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala