glyn.millington@gmail.com wrote: > James Freer writes: > >> My apologies. I read that somewhere recently... i did say "I don't >> think..." Gnu Emacs is much better - i don't know why anyone should >> want to use Xemacs. > > > No worries. Having used Xemacs for years I now use Emacs myself. There > was a time when Xemacs was way ahead of Emacs but no more. But Xemacs > still has loyal users. > > I suspect that one reason for sticking with Xemacs now is lots of little > customizations and tweaks which don't easily transfer to Gnu Emacs - the > same reason why I wouldn't willingly swap my init.el for yours, because > it would change the way I work. > Horizontal scroll bars and a working imenu [1]... Jerome [1] http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10706 -- mailto:jeberger@free.fr http://jeberger.free.fr Jabber: jeberger@jabber.fr