* Recording a macro that preserves timing
@ 2012-10-04 10:21 Juha Nieminen
From: Juha Nieminen @ 2012-10-04 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I can record (and then replay) keyboard macros in emacs. However, I would
like a variant that also records the timing between the keypresses so
that when it's played back, it does the exact same thing as when recording,
with the same timing.

Then I would like to be able to play said macro with a speed factor. In
other words, I would like to be able to multiply all the recorded timings
by a value (so that if I multiply them eg. by 0.5 the macro will play at
twice the original speed).

If possible, it would be nice if this macro could be saved to a file
where it could be edited by hand (to eg. add or modify timings). In fact,
it would be really great if it was saved in a format that would allow
defining different factors for different groups of recorded keypresses
(so that by editing the file I could define "this part should be played
back with a factor of 0.5, this part with a factor of 0.2, etc.")

How difficult would such elisp code be to make?