* PCL-CVS and SSH
@ 2004-10-26 21:10 drkm
From: drkm @ 2004-10-26 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Hello

  When I use `cvs-examine', I get the *cvs* buffer.  `cvs(1)' is
running, but never stops.  I use ssh, and when I run `cvs(1)' from the
shell, it asks me interactivelly for my password.  PCL-CVS does not.

  I found nothing about password in PCL-CVS Info file nor Emacs Lisp
sources.  Google and Google Groups didn't help me.

  I use GNU Emacs.  `M-x version' :

    GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-windows98.3000) of 2004-07-26 on
    BERATUNG4

  Any idea ?

--drkm

* Re: PCL-CVS and SSH
@ 2004-10-27 13:42 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2004-10-27 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

>   When I use `cvs-examine', I get the *cvs* buffer.  `cvs(1)' is
> running, but never stops.  I use ssh, and when I run `cvs(1)' from the
> shell, it asks me interactivelly for my password.  PCL-CVS does not.

You have to arrange things such that running cvs happens without asking you
for a password.  Typically this involves setting up an ssh-agent.

* Re: PCL-CVS and SSH
@ 2004-10-27 16:11   ` drkm
From: drkm @ 2004-10-27 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

> You have to arrange things such that running cvs happens without asking you
> for a password.  Typically this involves setting up an ssh-agent.

  There is no way to make PCL-CVS asks me for a password, or tell it
this via some variable ?

  Thanks,

--drkm

* Re: PCL-CVS and SSH
@ 2004-10-27 20:21     ` Jochen Küpper
From: Jochen Küpper @ 2004-10-27 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

drkm <usenet-YBhpGPNOl9Zg9hUCZPvPmw@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Stefan Monnier <monnier-CRDzTM1onBSWkKpYnGOUKg@public.gmane.org> writes:
>
>> You have to arrange things such that running cvs happens without asking you
>> for a password.  Typically this involves setting up an ssh-agent.
>
>   There is no way to make PCL-CVS asks me for a password, or tell it
> this via some variable ?

Not in a terminal, I guess. Running under X it pops up an x11 dialog
asking for the password here.

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: PCL-CVS and SSH
@ 2004-10-27 21:42       ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2004-10-27 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >> You have to arrange things such that running cvs happens without asking you
> >> for a password.  Typically this involves setting up an ssh-agent.
> >   There is no way to make PCL-CVS asks me for a password, or tell it
> > this via some variable ?
> Not in a terminal, I guess. Running under X it pops up an x11 dialog
> asking for the password here.

Indeed, the only way is to get SSH to pop a dialog box.
But using an ssh-agent is a lot more convenient.

* Re: PCL-CVS and SSH
@ 2004-10-29 14:26         ` drkm
From: drkm @ 2004-10-29 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> >   There is no way to make PCL-CVS asks me for a password, or tell it
>> > this via some variable ?

>> Not in a terminal, I guess. Running under X it pops up an x11 dialog
>> asking for the password here.

> Indeed, the only way is to get SSH to pop a dialog box.
> But using an ssh-agent is a lot more convenient.

  So, if I understand, what describes Jochen is done by SSH, not by
PCL-CVS.  Right ?  If it is, there is some easy way to make PCL-CVS
asks itself for the password ?  If you describe where the
modifications are to be done, I can try to do something.

--drkm