* autoload function with arguments
@ 2024-08-15  1:09 Heime
From: Heime @ 2024-08-15  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

I am making a minor-mode.  Is an autoload function with arguments allowed.

As with

;;;###autoload
(defun tema-mdhooks (actn)
  "Manage the activation of tema-minor-mode for various major modes."

  (let ( (mdhooks '(sh-mode-hook emacs-lisp-mode-hook))

         (hook-fn (cond
                    ((eq actn 'add) #'add-hook)
                    ((eq actn 'remove) #'remove-hook)
                    (t (error "ACTM %s is invalid" actm)))) )

    (dolist (mdhook mdhooks)
      (funcall hook-fn mdhook #'tema-minor-mode)) ))

* Re: autoload function with arguments
@ 2024-08-15  5:19 ` Joel Reicher
From: Joel Reicher @ 2024-08-15  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime; +Cc: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> writes:

> I am making a minor-mode.  Is an autoload function with
> arguments allowed.

What do you mean by "allowed"? Did you get an error when you used
your code?

You can also check (info "(elisp) Autoload") or look at some
sample core code if you are worried.

Cheers,

        - Joel

* Re: autoload function with arguments
@ 2024-08-15 12:07   ` Heime
From: Heime @ 2024-08-15 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Reicher; +Cc: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

On Thursday, August 15th, 2024 at 5:19 PM, Joel Reicher <joel.reicher@gmail.com> wrote:

> Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com writes:
>
> > I am making a minor-mode. Is an autoload function with
> > arguments allowed.
>

> What do you mean by "allowed"? Did you get an error when you used
> your code?
>
> You can also check (info "(elisp) Autoload") or look at some
> sample core code if you are worried. - Joel

Have you seen packages that autoload functions with arguments ?

* Re: autoload function with arguments
@ 2024-08-16 11:14     ` Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2024-08-16 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Have you seen packages that autoload functions with arguments ?

I'd ask

    grep -A1 ';;;###autoload' **/*.el

- Stefan

* Re: autoload function with arguments
@ 2024-08-18 22:35       ` Heime
From: Heime @ 2024-08-18 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Friday, August 16th, 2024 at 11:14 PM, Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Have you seen packages that autoload functions with arguments ?
>

> I'd ask
>
> grep -A1 ';;;###autoload' **/*.el
>

> - Stefan

Right.  There exist almost everything.  Anything goes with autoload it seems to me.