* jump next previous - tag bookmark or search
@ 2006-05-28 15:36 Adam
From: Adam @ 2006-05-28 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

My file of code is long and getting longer. So I would like to jump either
forward or backward to the next or previous section start, with a single
keystroke, such as F7 (previous) and F8 (next).

I would be happy to comment each section start with a signifier-comment,
such as  ;; **    whereas all other comments would start ;;; or ;

So, which would be more applicable to bind to F7 F8 for this ?

Tags,  where it would be handy I suppose to collect the comment text on just
that line.

Bookmarks,  although the need for an individual Bookmark name is
undesirable.

or a backward or forwards search for ";;** "

While it would seem the Search method most appropriate, I would be
interested in hearing any thoughts, comments or recommendations.

[parent not found: <mailman.2370.1148833261.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]