* sudo and C-cC-c in shell buffer on OS X
@ 2004-08-15  2:02 Barry Margolin
From: Barry Margolin @ 2004-08-15  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm running Enhanced Carbon Emacs 21.3.50.03.11.14.CVS on OS X 10.3.5.
One thing that I noticed behaves differently from how I remember it
working when I used to use Solaris: if I use sudo in a shell buffer, I
can't use C-c C-c to kill the program or C-c C-z to suspend it; these
work when running commands normally.

I can work around it by typing C-q C-c or C-q C-z, but does anyone know
why this doesn't work and if there's a way to fix it?

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

* Re: sudo and C-cC-c in shell buffer on OS X
@ 2004-08-15  5:55 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2004-08-15  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I'm running Enhanced Carbon Emacs 21.3.50.03.11.14.CVS on OS X 10.3.5.

Please use M-x report-emacs-bug for CVS-related problems.
I think in your case it might have to do with process-connection-type, tho
I can't remember when/if that was changed (the default on macosx was to not
use tty because of bugs in the tty support of macosx, but I think those
bugs were fixed in 10.3).

* Re: sudo and C-cC-c in shell buffer on OS X
@ 2004-08-16  0:00   ` Barry Margolin
From: Barry Margolin @ 2004-08-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <jwv3c2poskt.fsf-monnier+gnu.emacs.help@gnu.org>,
 Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> > I'm running Enhanced Carbon Emacs 21.3.50.03.11.14.CVS on OS X 10.3.5.
>
> Please use M-x report-emacs-bug for CVS-related problems.
> I think in your case it might have to do with process-connection-type, tho
> I can't remember when/if that was changed (the default on macosx was to not
> use tty because of bugs in the tty support of macosx, but I think those
> bugs were fixed in 10.3).

It is using a tty -- otherwise C-q C-c wouldn't work either.