* colored fonts in batch mode
@ 2008-05-08  9:15 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-05-08  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I am trying to use emacs in batch mode to convert org-mode files to
HTML.  In the process, I would like to use font-lock to fontify some
snippets, and then use htmlize.el to convert the fontification into
HTML.

This works great in interactive work, when I actually have a window
system running.  However, in batch mode, Emacs seems to think that it
is displaying on a black-and-white device, so the fontification is much
poorer in this case.

Is there a way to run Emacs in batch mode (i.e. without any display at
all) and still make it use the fonts/colors for a full color display?

Thanks.

- Carsten