* what's simple syntax for defining faces? (just color text and  background color)
@ 2009-09-02 19:25 Xah Lee
From: Xah Lee @ 2009-09-02 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

i would like to highlight some phrases when a file is opened.

So, i thought i put this in the first line:

-*- eval-expression: (hi-lock-face-phrase-buffer "me:" 'red ) -*-

however, the proper syntax for hi-lock-face-phrase-buffer seems to be:

(hi-lock-face-phrase-buffer "me:"
(defface hi-pink
  '((((background dark)) (:background "red" :foreground "black"))
    (t (:background "red")))
  "Face for hi-lock mode."
  :group 'hi-lock-faces)
)

can it be simpler? I just need to color the text and background.

i have other people's names i need to color red, blue.

Thanks.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 2+ messages in thread