* flyspell-mode -- external localwords defitions?
@ 2008-10-26  0:15 Joe Casadonte
From: Joe Casadonte @ 2008-10-26  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have a set of files that I would like to have share a common set of
localworlds.  It's a pain to keep copying them around from one file to
the next; is there an existing way to have an external localwords
definition?

Thanks!

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte
jcasadonte@northbound-train.com

         Llama Fresh Farms => http://www.northbound-train.com
    Ramblings of a Gay Man => http://www.northbound-train.com/ramblings
               Emacs Stuff => http://www.northbound-train.com/emacs.html
          Music CD Trading => http://www.northbound-train.com/cdr.html
                       Live Free, that's the message!

* Re: flyspell-mode -- external localwords defitions?
@ 2008-10-28  4:04 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2008-10-28  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Joe Casadonte wrote:
> I have a set of files that I would like to have share a common set of
> localworlds.  It's a pain to keep copying them around from one file to
> the next; is there an existing way to have an external localwords
> definition?

Here's what I came up with (untested):

(defvar ispell-external-local-words-file-name nil
   "If non-nil, a file containing words to accept in the current buffer.
See `ispell-words-keyword'.")

(defadvice flyspell-process-localwords (around external-local-words
					       activate)
   "Visit `ispell-external-local-words-file-name' to find the words."
   (if ispell-external-local-words-file-name
       (save-current-buffer
	(set-buffer (find-file-noselect ispell-external-local-words-file-name))
	ad-do-it)
     ad-do-it))

--
Kevin Rodgers