Rodolfo Medina writes: > ...how do you scroll the screen without moving point, also in the > sense that you do, say, five times C-v and then five times M-v and > find the cursor in the *same* place as it was before the first C-v...? > I'm afraid I don't actually know the answer to this question (although I'm sure there will be one). I was also slightly suprised when reading it that this had never irritated me. But then I realised what I do: Before starting to scroll, I hit C-Space to set a mark. Then I wander round the file to my hearts content, not even necessarily returning to where I started before hitting C-u C-Space and being back and with point "unmoved". Maybe this is a useful different way of solving your problem. Rupert