* How to halt a loading file
@ 2008-03-28  2:43 orium
       [not found] ` <mailman.9577.1206803738.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: orium @ 2008-03-28  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi, everybody.

I am not a lisp coder, so this may have a obvious answer.

I need to halt .emacs in its execution:

(defun compile-emacs-config-file ()
  "Compiles ~/.emacs"
  (if (file-newer-than-file-p "~/.emacs" "~/.emacs.elc")
      (progn
	(setq byte-compile-warnings nil)
	(byte-compile-file "~/.emacs" t) ; Compile and load
	(setq byte-compile-warnings t)
	;HALT - I need the loading of this file to halt and don't execute
anything else of this file
	)))

(compile-emacs-config-file)

I can't put everything else in the else part of that if because I have
variables set by emacs customize browser, which probably only work if
it is not inside a function (my guess).

Thank you