* how to use ctrl space to active SCIM.
@ 2008-09-17  2:58 xiaopeng hu
From: xiaopeng hu @ 2008-09-17  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

ctrl space is set mark command .
I use (global-set-key (kbd "C-SPC") 'nil)  in .emacs.
but when I input ctrl space it only say ctrl space is not defined.
emacs hold the ctrl space.

How to make the system receive ctrl space ?

Scim is a input method use ctrl space to activate.

thanks

* Re: how to use ctrl space to active SCIM.
       [not found] <mailman.19394.1221620298.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-09-17  8:23 ` Bewater
From: Bewater @ 2008-09-17  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

maybe Ctrl+Alt+SPC is a better choice

@ 2008-09-27  6:59 ` hailongchang
From: hailongchang @ 2008-09-27  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

xiaopeng hu 写道:
> ctrl space is set mark command .
> I use (global-set-key (kbd "C-SPC") 'nil)  in .emacs.
> but when I input ctrl space it only say ctrl space is not defined.
> emacs hold the ctrl space.
>
> How to make the system receive ctrl space ?
>
> Scim is a input method use ctrl space to activate.
>
> thanks
Maybe you from china as me.

If you want to input chinese, I recommend you using fcitx.

* Re: how to use ctrl space to active SCIM.
@ 2008-09-27  7:12   ` Pascal J. Bourguignon
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon @ 2008-09-27  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

hailongchang <real_linux@163.com> writes:

> xiaopeng hu 写道:
>> ctrl space is set mark command .
>> I use (global-set-key (kbd "C-SPC") 'nil)  in .emacs.
>> but when I input ctrl space it only say ctrl space is not defined.
>> emacs hold the ctrl space.
>> How to make the system receive ctrl space ?
>> Scim is a input method use ctrl space to activate.
>> thanks
> Maybe you from china as me.
>
> If you want to input chinese, I recommend you using fcitx.

Emacs has its own input methods.  If you want to use an external input
method it should catch its control codes itself...

Here is however some help about configuring emacs to work with scim:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/scim/2004-October/001090.html

This universe shipped by weight, not volume.  Some expansion may have
occurred during shipment.