Glenn Morris writes: > Eric Böse-Wolf wrote: > >> as written in the subject, I have (appt-activate 1) in my .emacs, >> but appt.el does not display its reminder windows for appointsments >> in my diaryfile for the present day. >> >> I have to do M-x appt-activate twice to get it working. > > Works for me: > > cat ~/diary: > 08/21 15:00 do stuff > > emacs-22.1 -q --no-site-file --eval '(appt-activate 1)' > and there is my appointment reminder. I did set european-calendar-style to t by the customization facility, and (appt-activate 1) had been before my customization part in .emacs deleting european-calendar-style from custom-set-variables and writing (setq european-calendar-style t) (appt-activate 1) in .emacs works now for me.