* Automatically parsing MIME files in rmail
@ 2006-12-20  3:54 Craig Smilovitz
From: Craig Smilovitz @ 2006-12-20  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use emacs rmail for mail reading.  I seem to remember that in a
previous emacs I used (on a different machine) there was a function that
would automatically parse a MIME message and deposit its components in
separate files in a subdirectory.  I executed this function manually
from the RMAIL buffer using M-x <function name>.

I don't remember what the function was called.  Does anyone know what it
was and extra credit if you can tell me where I can get an
implementation of this function.  As far as I can determine, it doesn't
appear to be a function in my current installation.

When I look at the emacs documentation, it describes a lot of functions
mm-* that do low-level mime parsing operations.  My assumption is that
these are the guts that are called by the lisp macro that I want.  But
the distance from the mm-* functions to what I want seems too great to
try and write the top level function myself.

Thanks a lot.

Craig Smilovitz

* Re: Automatically parsing MIME files in rmail
@ 2006-12-26 22:57 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2006-12-26 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

See http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/Rmail#toc6 and
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/RmailMime