* howto edit a script file and test the function at the same time?
@ 2006-09-27  1:50 emacs
From: emacs @ 2006-09-27  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I should like to have clues how to implement a "function" there when I
open a script file,
a screen with two windows opens up, editing windows above and output
windows below.
I also bind a key say "F9", when I press on that key, it perform the
execution by the script parser,
all outputs is visable in the window belows.

This script parser should also be a serial channel to a basic computer,
so when I press a key,
the string below the curser is transfer to the basic computer and the
answer is return to the output window.

Has anyone any ideers how this should be implemented or is it already
implemented?

Best Regards larsgoran.larsson

* Re: howto edit a script file and test the function at the same time?
@ 2006-09-27 16:42 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2006-09-27 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

emacs wrote:
> I should like to have clues how to implement a "function" there when I
> open a script file,
> a screen with two windows opens up, editing windows above and output
> windows below.
> I also bind a key say "F9", when I press on that key, it perform the
> execution by the script parser,
> all outputs is visable in the window belows.
>
> This script parser should also be a serial channel to a basic computer,
> so when I press a key,
> the string below the curser is transfer to the basic computer and the
> answer is return to the output window.
>
> Has anyone any ideers how this should be implemented or is it already
> implemented?

(global-set-key [f9] 'executable-interpret)

--
Kevin

* Re: howto edit a script file and test the function at the same time?
@ 2006-09-28 14:40   ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2006-09-28 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kevin Rodgers wrote:
> emacs wrote:
>> I should like to have clues how to implement a "function" there when I
>> open a script file,
>> a screen with two windows opens up, editing windows above and output
>> windows below.
>> I also bind a key say "F9", when I press on that key, it perform the
>> execution by the script parser,
>> all outputs is visable in the window belows.
>>
>> This script parser should also be a serial channel to a basic computer,
>> so when I press a key,
>> the string below the curser is transfer to the basic computer and the
>> answer is return to the output window.
>>
>> Has anyone any ideers how this should be implemented or is it already
>> implemented?
>
> (global-set-key [f9] 'executable-interpret)

Better would be:

(add-hook 'sh-mode-hook
	  (lambda ()
	    (local-set-key [f9] 'executable-interpret)))

--
Kevin