* Changing emacs syntax highlighting options?
@ 2008-08-30 19:01 Ibrahim Awwal
From: Ibrahim Awwal @ 2008-08-30 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi, I'm completely new to emacs. I'm using it for a computer science
at UC Berkeley, either through PuTTY or Xming. When using Xming I get
the X version of emacs, which has the options menu and allows me to
specify syntax highlighting and parenthesis matching. However, for the
command line version over PuTTY I can't seem to do that. I see the
same menus at the top but I don't know how to get to them. I've read
the tutorial but maybe I missed something? Can someone help me enable
parenthesis matching? It's a lot faster using PuTTY than Xming and I
don't need the graphical emacs, but programming Scheme is a pain
without parenthesis matching. Thanks for the help.