* highlight-changes-remove
@ 2005-04-26 10:26 Misto .
From: Misto . @ 2005-04-26 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi to all!

I use the highlight mode when editing my files.
I would like to bind the function highlight-changes-remove-highlight
when I save the
file. First is needed to select all the buffer and next invoke that function.

How I can do that?

Thanks for your time!

* Re: highlight-changes-remove
@ 2005-04-26 18:09 ` Daniel Wright
From: Daniel Wright @ 2005-04-26 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Misto ." <mistobaan@gmail.com> writes:

> I use the highlight mode when editing my files.
> I would like to bind the function highlight-changes-remove-highlight
> when I save the
> file. First is needed to select all the buffer and next invoke that function.
>
> How I can do that?

Hi!

I hope this is what you'd like have in your .emacs:

(add-hook 'after-save-hook
	  '(lambda()
	     (if (boundp 'highlight-changes-mode)
		 (highlight-changes-remove-highlight (point-min) (point-max)))))

You can often find a hook to add behaviour like this (in this case
after-save-hook), and then add the function you need to it. Calling the
function highlight-changes-remove-highlight with the arguments above
means that it operates on the whole buffer - you don't need to select
the whole buffer first.

You can get help for the function to see which arguments it takes,
etc. with:
C-h f highlight-changes-remove-highlight RET

Graciously,
Daniel.