* gdb error not loading emacs 23.2
@ 2011-05-12 11:34 flebber
From: flebber @ 2011-05-12 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi

I have been steadily learning emacs and wanted to use gdb, I found the
docs at http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/GDB-Graphical-Interface.html
. To start gdb the manual says simple M-x gdb. This I did and then it
prompts do you want to 'Run gdb (like this): gdb ' I pressed enter and
I receive the error.

Searching for program, no such file or directory gdb.

I was under the impression that gdb was a part of emacs default.

Sayth

* Re: gdb error not loading emacs 23.2
@ 2011-05-12 13:35 ` Marco Parrone
From: Marco Parrone @ 2011-05-12 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

flebber <flebber.crue@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I have been steadily learning emacs and wanted to use gdb, I found the
> docs at
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/GDB-Graphical-Interface.html
> . To start gdb the manual says simple M-x gdb. This I did and then it
> prompts do you want to 'Run gdb (like this): gdb ' I pressed enter and
> I receive the error.
>
> Searching for program, no such file or directory gdb.
>
> I was under the impression that gdb was a part of emacs default.
>
> Sayth

What ships with Emacs is a frontend to `gdb', but you still need to
install the `gdb' program.

Regards,
Marco.

--