* Using multiple modes in org-mode to highlight source-code
@ 2008-11-20 10:40 Nordlöw
From: Nordlöw @ 2008-11-20 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Has anyone succeeded in using multiple modes (using either mumamo.el,
mmm-mode or two-mode-mode.el) to enable font-locking of code-snippets
in org-mode? Currently only emacs lisp is supported by org-mode. But I
believe more languages will be added in the future.

Example snippet that should be highlighted in org-mode:

[[elisp:(setq x 1)]]

sub-mode begin pattern: "[[elisp:"
sub-mode end pattern: "]]"

I guess we could trigger on the pattern "[[LANG:" and activate LANG-
mode in that region.

We could make this work

/Nordlöw

* Re: Using multiple modes in org-mode to highlight source-code
@ 2008-12-25 23:59 ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2008-12-25 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nordlöw; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Nordlöw <per.nordlow@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone succeeded in using multiple modes (using either mumamo.el,
> mmm-mode or two-mode-mode.el) to enable font-locking of code-snippets
> in org-mode? Currently only emacs lisp is supported by org-mode. But I
> believe more languages will be added in the future.
>
> Example snippet that should be highlighted in org-mode:
>
> [[elisp:(setq x 1)]]
>
> sub-mode begin pattern: "[[elisp:"
> sub-mode end pattern: "]]"
>
> I guess we could trigger on the pattern "[[LANG:" and activate LANG-
> mode in that region.
>
> We could make this work

Have you tried to do this with MuMaMo? You could probably use
mumamo-quick-static-chunk for this. (You must define a new multi major
mode too, using define-mumamo-multi-major-mode.)