* multi mode for html editing
@ 2008-11-12 16:47 hemant kumar
From: hemant kumar @ 2008-11-12 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

Is there any lisp package that actually works for multi-mode coding such
as, html,css,javascript and ERB (embedded ruby), all in one file?

I have tried several solutions and none of them seem to work as
purpose. mmm-mode, nxhtml-mode and stuff.

* Re: multi mode for html editing
@ 2008-11-13  1:32 ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2008-11-13  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hemant kumar; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 5:47 PM, hemant kumar <gethemant@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any lisp package that actually works for multi-mode coding such
> as, html,css,javascript and ERB (embedded ruby), all in one file?
>
> I have tried several solutions and none of them seem to work as
> purpose. mmm-mode, nxhtml-mode and stuff.

Hi hemant,
nXhtml is not perfect (and I am going to fix some bugs), but what
problems have you encountered when you tried to use nXhtml? It would
be nice if you reported them as bugs on Launchpad. (See
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/NxhtmlMode)

* Re: multi mode for html editing
@ 2008-11-15 16:56   ` hemant
From: hemant @ 2008-11-15 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Lennart,

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 7:02 AM, Lennart Borgman >
> nXhtml is not perfect (and I am going to fix some bugs), but what
> problems have you encountered when you tried to use nXhtml? It would
> be nice if you reported them as bugs on Launchpad. (See
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/NxhtmlMode)

I tried latest download of Nxhtml with Emacs 22 and emacs-snapshot,
with ERB (rhtml) files. Here are the problems:

1. I was unable to get code inside <script> or <style> tag getting
indented properly. Behavior was quite random.

2. for ERB code, I couldn't get, following snippet to indent properly:

<% if a -%>
  <%= "cats" -%> <!-- should be indented with 2 spaces than the last level -->
<% end -%>

Again here for larger blocks, it was quite problematic.

Is there anything, I am missing here? I tried disabling my gigantic
.emacs and loaded nxhtml with vanilla emacs and many other
combinations I tried, without any success.

own coals.

http://gnufied.org

* Re: multi mode for html editing
@ 2008-11-16  4:19     ` hemant
From: hemant @ 2008-11-16  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 10:26 PM, hemant <gethemant@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Lennart,
>
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 7:02 AM, Lennart Borgman >
>> nXhtml is not perfect (and I am going to fix some bugs), but what
>> problems have you encountered when you tried to use nXhtml? It would
>> be nice if you reported them as bugs on Launchpad. (See
>> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/NxhtmlMode)
>>

> I tried latest download of Nxhtml with Emacs 22 and emacs-snapshot,
> with ERB (rhtml) files. Here are the problems:
>
> 1. I was unable to get code inside <script> or <style> tag getting
> indented properly. Behavior was quite random.
>
> 2. for ERB code, I couldn't get, following snippet to indent properly:
>
> <% if a -%>
>  <%= "cats" -%> <!-- should be indented with 2 spaces than the last level -->
> <% end -%>
>
> Again here for larger blocks, it was quite problematic.
>
> Is there anything, I am missing here? I tried disabling my gigantic
> .emacs and loaded nxhtml with vanilla emacs and many other
> combinations I tried, without any success.

While indenting ERB lines, I got this:

mumamo-set-major-pre-command: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil
** In buffer top_navigation.html.erb
  backtrace()
  (let ((standard-output standard-output)) (backtrace))
  (let ((standard-output ...)) (let (...) (backtrace))
(with-current-buffer standard-output (prog1 ... ...)))
  (with-output-to-string (backtrace))
  (let ((format-string2 ...) (bt ...)) (mumamo-message-with-face (concat ... "
" ... bt) (quote highlight)) (apply (quote message) format-string2
lwarn-type args) (run-with-idle-timer 1 nil (quote
mumamo-show-report-message)) (when mumamo-display-error-stop (setq
font-lock-mode nil) (when ... ...) (when ... ...) (apply ...
format-string2 lwarn-type args)))
  mumamo-display-error(mumamo-set-major-pre-command "%s" "Wrong type
argument: number-or-marker-p, nil")
  (condition-case err (let* (... ... ...) (if ... ... ...)) (error
(mumamo-display-error ... "%s" ...)))
  (if (not mumamo-use-condition-case) (let* (... ...) (let* ... ...))
(condition-case err (let* ... ...) (error ...)))
  (mumamo-condition-case err (let* (... ... ...) (if ... ... ...))
(error (mumamo-display-error ... "%s" ...)))
  mumamo-set-major-pre-command()
  run-hooks(pre-command-hook)

mumamo-set-major-pre-command: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil
MuMaMo error, please look in the *Message* buffer

After which nxhtml switched to ruby mode and will refuse to indent html tags.

You prefer these as bug reports on launchpad?