In article , Peter Dyballa wrote: > >Am 04.01.2006 um 02:03 schrieb Dieter Wilhelm: > >>> Just type C-x d in the buffer whose file name you want to rename. It >>> will position the cursor in dired on that file! >> >> It's not working for me when I previously have opened the file with >> C-x C-f. Only when the file at some stage have had the focus in dired > >Could be this customisation helps: > >'(dired-dwim-target t) > >-- >Mit friedvollen Grüßen > > Pete > >Es geht nix über eine elektrische Klobürste! > > > What does that do? dired-dwim-target-directory is a compiled Lisp function in `dired-aux'. (dired-dwim-target-directory) Not documented. [back] Thanks, David