* Disable auto-split lines in html-mode
@ 2005-09-28 12:54 meyer.p
From: meyer.p @ 2005-09-28 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

I'm using html-mode on emacs.

When editing html code, the line get splitted.

Here is an exemple with dummy data :

The following line :
zefiozefio zzefzefi ">zezef </a>

is automatically changed into :
zefiozefio zzefzefi ">zezef </a>

Can I avoid this comportment ?

I know that I should not use too long lines but when they are splitted
when editing, this causes more differences compared to my CVS repo....
but the code remains the same...

Any help here ?

* Re: Disable auto-split lines in html-mode
@ 2005-09-30  9:00 ` meyer.p
       [not found]   ` <mailman.9219.1128076917.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: meyer.p @ 2005-09-30  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nobody can help me ? Is my english (sorry) so bad ? Don't understand my
problem ?

* Re: Disable auto-split lines in html-mode
@ 2005-09-30 10:36   ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found]   ` <mailman.9219.1128076917.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2005-09-30 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 30.09.2005 um 11:00 schrieb meyer.p@gmail.com:

> Nobody can help me ? Is my english (sorry) so bad ? Don't understand my
> problem

Well, I don't use HTML mode. In (La)TeX and text buffers there is a
fill-column. Check this keyword, if you haven't yet.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Es ist, glaub' ich, nichts so heiß, wie's gerne scheinen möchte.

@ 2005-09-30 13:30     ` meyer.p
From: meyer.p @ 2005-09-30 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think the conf I was looking for is :

 '(text-mode-hook (quote (turn-on-auto-fill text-mode-hook-identify)))

I commented it and no problem anymore

Thx

* Re: Disable auto-split lines in html-mode
@ 2005-09-30 15:50       ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-09-30 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

meyer.p@gmail.com wrote:
 > I think the conf I was looking for is :
 >
 >  '(text-mode-hook (quote (turn-on-auto-fill text-mode-hook-identify)))
 >
 > I commented it and no problem anymore

Assuming that was in there for a reason, you could leave it and simply
disable auto fill mode in HTML mode like this:

(add-hook 'html-mode-hook 'turn-off-auto-fill)

or `M-x customize-variable RET html-mode-hook RET' similarly.

--
Kevin Rodgers