* instance process name
@ 2005-09-02 17:46 Rancier, Jeff
From: Rancier, Jeff @ 2005-09-02 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello All,
Is there an easy method to retrieve the process name of 'this' instance of
Emacs, via a lisp expression?

Jeff

* RE: instance process name
@ 2005-09-02 18:55 Rancier, Jeff
From: Rancier, Jeff @ 2005-09-02 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Kevin.  Actually, I'm running GNU Emacs 21.3.2 (sparc-sun-solaris2.8,
X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) from Windows, but when I bring up Sun's Forte
Debugger (workshop), Sun has integrated the debugger into Xemacs, and I
simply want the ability to load/~load various features, as they both use the
same init file.  I'll probably just use the emacs-build-system or
emacs-version.

Jeff

| |
| | Return the process ID of Emacs, as an integer.
| `----
|
| --
| Kevin Rodgers

[parent not found: <mailman.5806.1125689370.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* RE: instance process name
@ 2005-09-06 14:44 Rancier, Jeff
From: Rancier, Jeff @ 2005-09-06 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

The actual name from the process table, specifically, I want to
differentiate between 'xemacs' vs. 'emacs'.  Thanks.