* Rid of bolded text
@ 2015-06-30 16:11 rjd
From: rjd @ 2015-06-30 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Sometimes I do not like the bolded weight text. For example, source code
comments are italic. This can be corrected by setting this in your theme.el :

 FROM
  '(font-lock-comment-face ((t (:slant italic :foreground "#bc9458"))))
 '(font-lock-comment-face ((t (:slant normal :foreground "#bc9458"))))

 But, in shell-mode

when I issue an ls -l I get directories in bold. Also, in my
mode-line-format I have bold for mode-line-buffer-identification.

 I do not know where to override the font settings for these. Ideally I would
 like to disable bold and italic all together.

 What is the easiest way to do this?

 http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/ubuntu-mono

 The font is ttf Ubuntu-Mono; in Windows/Fonts I see in the font family the
 regular, italic, bold and italic-bold.

 This does not work:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2064904/how-to-disable-bold-font-weight-globally-in-emacs

* Re: Rid of bolded text
       [not found] <mailman.6035.1435680702.904.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2015-06-30 17:03 ` Raffaele Ricciardi
From: Raffaele Ricciardi @ 2015-06-30 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 30/06/15 18:11, rjd wrote:
>   I do not know where to override the font settings for these. Ideally I would
>   like to disable bold and italic all together.

I use this:

(defun kill-bold-italic/rr ()
   (interactive)
   (dolist ($face (face-list))