Hi, I have a question regarding using dired programmatically in Emacs 28.1. Say I do the following call to open a dired buffer and insert the files: (dired (cons "/home/user" '("/home/user/tmp/test/a/a" "/home/user/tmp/test/b/b" "/home/user/tmp/test/c/c"))) It works fine, I get a nice listing and can move around like expected, mark files and try to delete them. Now it gets interesting: Usually after hitting "x" to execute, then confirming the deletion, the buffer will refresh. But not in this case, not when I open dired using the cons above. I can revert the buffer using "g". Note that when I simply do (dired "/home/user/tmp/test"), then insert the subdir to show the files and delete them, this is not reproducible. The buffer will be refreshed immediately after the delete operation completes. Why? Am I missing something? Is this a (known) bug or expected behaviour? I've tried with emacs -Q, so it seems to be no configuration problem. Regards, Harald -- `Experience is the best teacher.' PGP Key ID: 4FFFAB21B8580ABD Fingerprint: E073 6DD8 FF40 9CF2 0665 11D4 4FFF AB21 B858 0ABD